To promote the development of agriculture and environmental communication through an interactive and holistic approach that involves journalists and other stakeholders in improving science journalism in Kenya and the region.
- To enhance awareness on environmental, agricultural and sustainable development issues through simple and easy to understand stories and messages.
- To carry out investigative writing on the enactment and implementation of appropriate environmental and developmental policies and laws and respect for human rights.
- To network and exchange information with like-minded organizations, research institutes, scientists and stakeholders with a view of improving science communication in the region.
- To liaise with stakeholders to fund and foster training among communicators on science writing.
- To serve as a focal point and hub of information and expertise in agriculture, environment, health and development issues.
- Advocate for accurate, balanced and development friendly communication of environmental, health and sustainable development issues.